Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuumei
Admin
Yuumei

Percy Jackson & The Olympians Empty
PostSubject: Percy Jackson & The Olympians   Percy Jackson & The Olympians I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 am

Well, I was searching through a forum on a website called 'Roliana' and came upon a thread about the movie. Someone was complaining that the movie didn't follow the book very much. I just wanted to post my little 'rant' thingy. So feel free to read it, agree, disagree, whatever. xD;; And feel free to give your thoughts on the movie if you've seen it, or want to see it.

Yuumei wrote:

Kay, I have to give my little bit of an opinion:

Of course they're going to leave major things out, It's a movie.

Movies tend to mold the books events in their 'unique' ways, while still staying rather considerate of the author's input in it, I'm sure Mr. Riordan was involved in some decisions, at some point. Also, the way I see it, if they put in more effects than they had already, I'm sure it would have cost them WAY more than 'A Pretty penny.'

I was a little saddened that they left out Ares -I was really hoping to see him- and the others, but what can you expect from a movie? If you want to find out what happens, you read the book. That way you can imagine as much as you want, simple as that. If they put every single detail in, or every single big character, the movie would be too long for its own good.

But, Hey, if people really want to know what's going on with the whole series, they could read the book and find it out. I see it like this: The movie world's not going to hand you every single detail on a silver platter. Reading the series won't kill anyone, really it won't. {If it would, I'd be dead for quite a while now. =P}

After seeing it, I have to say, yes, they left stuff out, but I liked how it went. It was a bit different, and rather comical. And Who cares if Grover is a Black Satyr?? Does skin color matter so much that you're blinded by the fact that he's still a character?

Now, I'm not saying this has to apply, but if you're a fan of the book, you can at least appreciate the fact that they thought the book was good enough to turn into a movie. {Wish I could say the same about Twilight *cough* >__>}

I dunno, I just got a little aggravated that people nitpick so much. I do it sometimes, too, but hey, be glad they are recognizing it, you know?? {I'm not going to bite anyone's head off if they do nitpick, I'm all done with my little 'short fuse' moment. xD}
Back to top Go down
http://eternalhope.roflforum.net
Yuumei's lover

Yuumei's lover

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians   Percy Jackson & The Olympians I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:35 am

Well everyone needs to have a open mind towards a movie that is based off of a book you have read my love. Me my self I have yet to see the movie but have read the whole book series so I know how the series ends. So I will be the first person on a tuesday to get it at my library so I can finally know how close it will be to the book and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Yuumei
Admin
Yuumei

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians   Percy Jackson & The Olympians I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 am

The sad thing is, not many people have open minds. They like to bash and confuse things, but it's a movie. Hollywood has the rights to it, so why complain? You can't do anything about it! xD; Regardless of how much they left out, the movie was still a pretty good one.
Back to top Go down
http://eternalhope.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians   Percy Jackson & The Olympians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Percy Jackson & The Olympians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: