Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your writing style?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cheshire Cat

The Cheshire Cat

Your writing style? Empty
PostSubject: Your writing style?   Your writing style? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 am

Hey everyone! I think it's time we finally created something to talk about in this forum! And what would be better than a nice conversation about writing?

So, what's your writing style like? Does it reflect the style of your favorite author(s)? Do you focus on description or dialog more? Do you plan out your writing, or go with the flow?

When it comes to me, generally in writing anything, I never plan anything out. XD I enjoy the ability to let my story create its own path and what happens, happens. I usually just think of my stories or role plays instead of writing down my thoughts and pick my favorite reaction or idea. Of course, this method has made me forget a couple of great ideas but none the less, that's how I do it.

I think my writing can reflect Christopher Paolini sometimes because of how we describe things, and when it comes to my characters, I just know how they're gonna be. I love each and everyone of them. Smile In fact, sometimes I forget they're not real people. ^^;;

Man, I could probably rant on and on about how I write but I'll wrap this up. So, what's your style?
Back to top Go down
Yuumei
Admin
Yuumei

PostSubject: Re: Your writing style?   Your writing style? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:43 am

Wonderful, we have a discussion thread! XD

As for my writing style..I believe it changes a lot. It's...Hard to explain. Many people find themselves rather drawn to wahtever I type, write, and so on. I remember very vividly that a few friends of mine, and this still happens to this very day, would 'threaten' me to continue on with whatever stories I would be working on at that time.

I don't believe my writing reflects on any of my favorite authors. As for description or dialogue, I try mixing a little of both in my posts.

For my characters, They are all a little piece of me [Without being a perfect, mary sue thing, of course. o-o'] I know exactly what I want to write when I'm finished reading a recent post in a roleplay or what's going to come next after I flip the page in my notebook.
Back to top Go down
http://eternalhope.roflforum.net
like.a.wintermint

like.a.wintermint

PostSubject: Re: Your writing style?   Your writing style? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 am

Last edited by like.a.wintermint on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too large pic.)
Back to top Go down
Iron_Maiden

Iron_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Your writing style?   Your writing style? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 am

My writing style.. I don't think I've been able to fully establish it yet, since I barely get the inspiration to create anything long living (instead of a short story that makes no sense lol)
But when I do, I just pick a random scene of it that just gets to me, and I can't stop writing. xD
But then, I stop after about 10 minutes. Brain dead really xD

It's hard for me to make my writing flow the way I want it to. Angers me really, 'Cuz I read a lot by talented people and it just seems to easy to them. (It's probably not, but you know.)
I barely allow myself to indicate the same thing with the same word twice in a sentence. Very annoying. xD
My style is sort of blocky, with a huge reluctance to see the same start of a sentence every time xD I cling desperately to variation.
I do sort of have a way with words. Nothing that'd make it special though.

As for the author thing... I'm completely different from my favourite. x'3

Characters of mine have a hell of a lot of thought put into them. I try my best to create the type of character that would mingle well with others, creating the probable desired effect and so on. I'm hell bent on really digging deep with their actions, body language and words.

Uhm. Yeah. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your writing style?   Your writing style? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your writing style?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussions-
Jump to: